At AIS we believe that Corporate Responsibility should shape our thoughts and considerations towards the impact on the environment, both within our day to day office activities and on-site when we are undertaking refurbishment and fit-out projects.
We understand the importance of recycling and reusing products wherever possible plus the importance of reducing our consumption of all products, and have systems in place to encourage good practice. We believe we can play a major role in helping our clients move towards sustainability and will encourage good environmental practice through the design and implementation of fit-out and refurbishment projects we present.
Health & Safety
The policy of Advanced Interior Solutions Limited is to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all of our employees, visitors, sub-contractors and all those who may be affected by the Company’s activities by:
- Identify foreseeable hazards and take reasonable and appropriate control measures to reduce the risk to the health and safety of employees and others.
- Arranging for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles or substances.
- Providing sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all employees to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their own safety and health at work.
- Investigate and take positive remedial action on any health and safety problems identified.
- Investigate and record all accidents occurring at work and take reasonable action to prevent a re-occurrence. To keep regular statistics of all accidents, regularly review and target areas where safety is lacking.
- We will prevent injury and ill health and comply with all of the applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which we subscribe that relate to Occupational Health and Safety hazards.
We will continually measure, monitor and revise where necessary our health and safety arrangements and seek to improve Health and Safety within our organisation by setting, monitoring and reviewing objectives for improvement.
All directors, managers and supervisors have the responsibility for implementing this health and safety policy within their teams. They must ensure that health and safety issues rank amongst the highest business priorities by promoting best practice and maintain commitment to continuous improvement. The policy guidance notes must be read and understood by all directors, managers and supervisors.
Within this policy all employees and contractors are required to exercise personal responsibility and co-operate in preventing harm to themselves and others.
We will consult with the workforce to enable all viewpoints and recommendations to be discussed at regular intervals.
We regard all health and safety legislation as the minimum standard and expect management to achieve their managerial targets without compromising health and safety.
The Board will review this policy annually, including the associated organisation and arrangements, to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate to our operations.
All Advanced Interior Solutions recognise that we have a responsibility to do what we can to make sure we do not contribute to further destruction of our environment. We want to lead by example and to make us known for environmental best practice; so we are continually working towards minimising our environmental impact.
We operate an ISO 14001 Environmental System, recognise the need for sustainable development and aim to improve the environmental effect of our activities.
To achieve our aims we will establish sound environmental management by:
- Ensuring that, as a minimum requirement, we conduct our operations in full compliance with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which we subscribe which relate to our environmental aspects and to prevent any pollution of the environment.
- Seeking to continually improve our environmental performance, by developing objectives that target environmental improvements and to monitor performance by regular review
- Considering any environmental issues as part of our normal decision making process
- Involving our employees in the development and operation of our environmental system, and objectives
- Developing a relationship with suppliers and contractors and encourage them to manage their environmental impacts more effectively
- Reviewing this Environmental Policy at least annually, or when there are any significant changes either to our operations or to environmental legislation.
Our immediate environmental objectives are:
- To increase the amount of waste from site that is recycled
- To avoid pollution on site by suitable monitoring of and controls on subcontractors
This policy will be made available to all interested parties on request.
Advanced Interior Solutions is totally committed to providing quality products and services to all our clients throughout all operations.
Pursuit of our objectives is focused through the Company’s Quality management system, which adheres to ISO 9001 and seeks to ensure our operations are always conducted in a controlled and professional manner.
The aims of Advanced Interior Solutions are:
- To maximise the efficiency, productivity and profit potential of our clients by the provision of quality workspace.
- To strive continuously to provide the highest level of service to our clients and business partners.
- To produce office and production interiors free from defects and conforming to all statutory requirements.
- To encourage feedback from Business Partners and Users in order that the Company performance and products may be continuously improved.
- To ensure that all staff appreciate and participate in achieving the Company’s quality and service goals.
The achievement of high quality and consistency calls for a systematic and disciplined approach, providing commitment and continuous development in order to meet the Company’s objectives, by all employees in all activities.
Company procedures will be continually modified, altered updated and improved upon (within strict rules) as requirements within Advanced Interior Solutions change and evolve.
Every member of the Company has the ability to deal with quality issues at the appropriate level and within set parameters. Staff will be given the training required for them to be most effective within their job roles and to this end a performance appraisal system is in force for everyone in the Company.